Climb For A Cause Event
Table Mountain, Grand Teton National Park
Required (not optional) Gear:
- Backpack with sufficient capacity to carry items below
- Water Bottles or Hydration Reservoir (3 liters minimum) Note: it’s good to have at least one bottle as a back up in the event the reservoir leaks. Please practice accessing water without stopping to unload your pack.
- Lightweight Rain Shell
- Head Lamp (w/fresh batteries)
- Sun Hat (or hood)
- Lightweight Synthetic Top and Bottom Layers (NO COTTON!)
- Bandana or small towel
- Comfortable hiking boots
- Light Pair of Gloves to protect against blisters from trekking poles
- Snack Food, include salty foods, like crackers sufficient for 10 hours – about 2000 calories
- Electrolyte Tablets, Energy Drink, etc. – sufficient for 10 hours
- Personal Medications
- Personal First Aid: Moleskin or similar blister treatment, triple antibiotic, bandages, gauze, scissors etc.
- Toilet Paper (in zip lock bag to protect from precipitation, as well as to pack out ‘everything’ you came in with)
- Towelettes / Handi Wipes
- Small trash bag
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED Trekking poles – be sure to have a way to stow your poles while hiking, if necessary
- Camera (w/fresh batteries)
Be sure to train with your equipment,
especially your footwear and pack, so you know how to adjust it for your comfort.
If you have any questions, please call us at 312 455 9498 or Email: